|Here is the News|
- My tumour has been removed and the area around it is clear of cancer cells.
- My lymph node biopsy showed that as yet, there is no sign of cancer in the lymph nodes.
- As the cancer is very aggressive, I will start receiving chemotherapy next week, followed by biological therapy (herceptin) after the chemotherapy, to give me the best possible chance of non occurrence. The entire treatment is going to last in excess of a year.
- Miraculously, despite it being very deep, I felt the lump.
- The surgeon got everything out.
- I am recovering well.
- I can move my arm freely again.
- My pain is hugely reduced.
- I am back at work.
- I made it to my brother's engagement party in England.
- Friends have shown their friendship over and over.
- I know that my chemo' is precautionary.
- My cancer is receptive to herceptin, the drug that gives me the best chance of non-occurrence.
- I am forbidden from dieting.
- Hair grows back after chemo so I may manage short hair for my brother's wedding in June.
- I have ordered three great wigs in Red, Purple and Ginger.
- I am going to England between the 1st and 2nd treatment no matter what!
- I am still going to crush this cancer but it may take longer than expected.
- The first chemo' drug will be given 2 weekly, four times.
- The second chemo' drug will be given weekly, twelve times.
- Herceptin will then be given 3 weekly, thirteen times.
- The above amounts to 'a lot of times'!
- I have been advised to take a month off work at the start to give my body the best chance of dealing with the drugs.
- This time next month I may well be bald.
- I despise needles and always have done. This is not improving with time.
- My family have to go through this with me.
- I will still be receiving treatment when I fly for my brother's wedding in June. This isn't something I was expecting. I will not have finished treatment when my son has his Bar Mitzvah, this time next year. This is something I never even contemplated.
|Ridiculous News (things that didn't occur to me in advance)|
- Brushing ones hair with ones left hand (when right handed) is most awkward.
- Certain other daily aspects of living pose similar issues (see photo to the photo directly above).
- Knitting, one handed, is a technique I have not learned.
- I can't cook left handed!
- Three handed cuddles are odd.
- I have always slept on my front, face down, hiding from the monsters. I don't remember a time when I didn't do this. When face down, the monsters can't see you and the burglars don't know you are there. I can't sleep on my side or my back and this has been the most frustrating part of recovering from the operation.
- Sleeping with the Monsters is not for me.